Purchasing & Supplier Guidelines
SUPPLIERS AS PARTNERS
The competitive nature of business today requires continuous improvement on all fronts. As a supplier, you are a dynamic partner who creates value throughout the supply chain, helping to achieve sustainable “win-win” solutions. This includes continuous improvement in the areas of joint product development, specification changes, ordering, shipping standardization, planning, and data sharing. We encourage your ideas, insights and constructive criticism.
CODE OF ETHICS
We at the Neil Jones Food Company® strive to uphold the strictest ethical standards at all times. Whether it’s in our dealings with customers or our internal co-workers, this is an expectation that will not waiver. As current or potential stakeholders in our business, we expect this same commitment from our suppliers. Our employees are bound by a code of conduct that precludes them from:
- Accepting gifts, bribes, rewards, and/or personal incentives
- Engaging in undisclosed business dealings where conflicts of interest exist
- Using false representations in business dealings
- Not giving the same opportunity & consideration to all suppliers, based on value to the company
- Agreeing to commitments without written documentation
- Not reporting questionable dealings
- Disclosing proprietary information about NJFC or its suppliers
- Discrimination of any kind
As a current or potential supplier, you are expected to uphold the same ethical standards. Failure to uphold these standards will lead to exclusion or removal from The Neil Jones Food Company® approved suppliers list.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
The sharing of proprietary information is necessary to engage in “value-added” relationships. For this reason, The Neil Jones Food Company® requires all suppliers to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
SUPPLIER FACILITY AUDITS
Suppliers are expected to maintain proper manufacturing & shipping standards at all times. This includes the proper documentation of safety, sanitation, & material handling to ensure that all products produced for The Neil Jones Food Company® are consistently of the highest quality. New suppliers or facilities may require an audit by NJFC representatives. Potential suppliers are also expected to bear the cost of travel-related expenses incurred for the approval of their facility.
- Air travel should be Coach or Business Class.
- Car rental should be mid-size or smaller.
- Hotel accommodations should not exceed $100 per night except in those places where cheaper rates are not practical.
- Travel & accommodations should not be excessive in nature as this will be viewed as an attempt to bias auditors.
Current Supplier Policy states that suppliers shall furnish product samples at no cost to clients. Product samples are meant for evaluation and/or testing purposes only. Samples cannot be requested for approved formula production runs except by written authorization of the Director of Purchasing or the Corporate Controller.